My husband and I flew to Colorado to spend our first Thanksgiving as a married couple with my little sister. Here’s what we did:
- Ran a 4 mile “Thanksgiving Run” race. Well, one of us (ahem, ME) ran it, and the other one of us went to Starbucks and took pictures. At least I have a supportive husband!
- Drank mimosas.
- Drank wine.
- Ate. A lot. Pants were unbuttoned. And then pictures were shared online of a tired wife sleeping with her pants still unbuttoned and her gut hanging out.
- Toured a Budweiser Brewhouse.
- Drank beer.
- Visited a local Fort Collins microbrewery. Obviously, drank more beer.
- Shopped at REI.
- Skied at Eldora Mountain Resort in the Roosevelt National Forest.
- Ate sushi.
- Drank sake.
- Hiked Devil’s Backbone in Loveland.
- Shopped at the REI flagship store in Denver.
Most of the things in my list above simply cannot be done with kids – especially babies. Or when you’re pregnant. I would have thought that touring a brewery wouldn’t be very kid-friendly, but surprisingly, at least half the people on our tour were small children! Those kids could really throw them back though!